Tesoro Silver uMax Metal Detector
The Tesoro Silver Sabre series has had a great long life with Tesoro Electronics. It was first introduced in 1983. In a time when
“lunch box” detectors were the norm, the original Silver Sabre was perceived as a toy unit. There have been many men who
bought one for the wife and wound up using it because it worked as well as any other detector on the market. Advertised as “strong,
simple, silent”, the Silver Sabre has gone through many changes over the years.
The Silver Sabre Plus added a no motion all metal circuit. The Silver Sabre II added a new plastic housing and new Hybrid Circuit
technology. Several years ago we introduced the Silver Sabre µMax with an incredibly small housing and Max Boost technology.
A number of men bought one for their wife and wound up using it because it worked as well as any other detector on the market.
(Sounds familiar doesn’t it?)
We have decided to bring the Silver back full circle to where it started. The original Silver Sabre was a turn on and go detector with
Silent Search discrimination and all metal modes. The new Silver µMax returns to its roots and offers strong, silent and simple
operation once again. The Silver µMax uses a microprocessor to control the audio tone and battery test. It will come with an 8″
Concentric coil and our latest plastic faceplate.
• Microprocessor Technology
• MicroMAX Design
• Low Noise Circuitry
• VLF 10 kHz Frequency
• One Drop-in 9V Battery
• Push Button Battery Test
• Silent Search All Metal Mode
• Silent Search Discriminate Mode
• 8″ Concentric Coil
• Interchangeable Coils
• Built-in Mineral Rejection
• Lifetime Warranty
• Operating Frequency - 10.6 kHz
• Searchcoil Type - Round, open center concentric
• Searchcoil Size - 8″ diameter
• Searchcoil Family - Epsilon
• Cable Length - Approx. 3′
• Audio Frequency - Approx. 630 Hz
• Audio Output - 1 ½” speaker and headphone jack
• Headphone Compatibility - ¼” stereo plug
• Weight (may vary slightly) - 2.2 lbs
• Battery Requirement - One 9 Volt DC (alkaline)
• Battery Life (typical) - 10 to 20 hours
• Optimum Temp. Range - 30° to 100° F
• Optimum Humidity - 0 to 75% R.H.
• Operating Modes - Silent Search All Metal
• Silent Search Discriminate
Silver uMax Control Panel
Tesoro Silver uMax Review
See your local Tesoro Dealer.......